ReliaTech is a leading provider of high quality, professional and affordable computer repair service and Gold Star Certified Renewed Computers for consumers, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. ReliaTech’s services include on-site dispatched technical support to residential consumers and small businesses, ReliaCare managed service for small and medium-sized businesses, and walk-in computer repair service at our two locations.
Ben Delaney, ReliaTech: "We provide 'better-than-new' computers to residents of low-income neighborhoods. We believe you can't fully participate in society without access to the internet."
The Stride Center’s social enterprise, ReliaTech, demonstrates real work in a technology business to Stride students while providing much-needed services at below-market prices to underserved communities.
ReliaTech provides a variety of services that reinforce our overall mission of helping people escape poverty through technology. These services include:
- Low-cost repairs of all brands of computers.
- Assistance with obtaining and using high-speed (broadband) internet connections in homes and small businesses.
- On-site consulting and service for nonprofit organizations.
- Free computer Tech Support Days in concert with nonprofit partners.
- Free computers and training through our Gold Star Grants and Jump Start programs.
- High-quality Gold Star Certified Renewed Computers at low cost.
- Computer accessories, upgrades, and peripherals.
- Public access computers. (Coming soon in our new NTC)
- Print, copy, and fax services. (Coming soon in our new NTC)
- Classes in basic computer skills. (Coming soon in our new NTC)
- Community information area. (Coming soon in our new NTC)
- Free e-Waste pickup and drop-off.
- Responsible E-Waste recycling.
All ReliaTech staff members are graduates of the Stride Center’s programs and proudly carry at least one internationally recognized certification. Many of ReliaTech’s technicians have multiple certifications. All work and products are guaranteed.
ReliaTech also provides paid internships for Stride Center students and graduates. This valuable program provides hands-on experience with a wide variety or equipment and situations, and is intended to provide an experience similar to what students will face when they are hired into other companies.
As a triple bottom line business, ReliaTech’s computer repair services, refurbishing, e-waste recycling, and online sales are all designed to provide great experience for the staff and student interns, great products and services that really help the communities in which we work, responsible handling of potentially hazardous e-waste to ensure that nothing goes to landfills or pollutes our environment, and a revenue flow to the Stride Center to help it’s programs grow.
We are proud to be able to demonstrate that a nonprofit organization can be largely self-sufficient – historically ReliaTech has earned 75% of the revenue it needs and is on a path to profitability in the near future.
For more information on ReliaTech’s products, programs and services, click here. (link to www.reliatech.org)